GALMATO FACIAL REPAIR LOTTERY

Dodgeman

This sounds like a great deal for 3 lucky entrants. I just shot a good photo of an older (Approximate 2011 vintage) fair tone magnet face (G) Laila that is the face of my fair skin tone body A and the only Laila that I have. She needs some things that I can do but, there are some things that I cannot do like eyeshadow and face sealer as I don't have the equipment and the Right materials to do the work. She is a beautiful face and so I will post her photo with what she needs on the thread that is started for this lottery and with hope, perhaps she will be one that is picked for a makeover. :)

Dodgeman

That's great to hear, Dodgeman! We've heard a lot about you. Love the stance corrector. I say we go ahead and make this the thread, so put Laila up. Whether she wins or not we'll definitely get her taken care of for you.
WOW Guys! The moment I read your post, I about choked up a bit! I love Abyss dolls the very most out of ALL creators and the reasons are very obvious just looking at them as compared to other creators and that the factory is HERE in the US with wonderful people creating them (Also Keeping my money here in the states)! ;):)

I suppose that is why I have 10 Abyss dolls, extra faces and other accessories and just 2 dolls of other brands, LOL! I have done so much over the last 5 years to promote Abyss dolls after my first 3 new dolls came home to me for their obvious Qualities (bodies, faces, finish), Attending TDF doll meets here on the east coast so that MANY people from everywhere can see them in person, posting photos and stories both here and on TDF, well, you get the picture! :)

Those are just a some of the reasons why I produced my reworked version of the stance modifier, the doll stands that I use and some other items that allow so many of us to enjoy our abyss dolls to the fullest if you know what I mean. :)

Here I will post the photo of my Fair skin tone face G Laila as you invited me to so you can see her. She is like I said, about vintage 2011 plus or minus a few months and her silicone is in very good condition. Her eyes are the original style Green from years ago when she was created and are in perfect condition so she will not need eyes as I like her green eyes very much. Her eyebrows are about still perfect so no issues with those as the original face sealer is still over the top of them.

1. She is in need of lip color and sealed, (Light Pink, Pink to go with her fair tone face).
2. Has 2 Very small minor tears (one) at each corner of her mouth that need touched up.
3. Fresh Black eyeliner (about light to medium heaviness like she has) .
4. New eyelashes.
5. Some Brown eyeshadow to change her look as she has next to Nothing for shadow at all and I think she had a little (natural color) that is near invisible as you will see in the photo.
6. Perhaps a little touch of standard pinkish color cheek blush as hers is like her shadow is, next to invisible.
7. Finally, her face needs resealed on her cheeks, nose and forehead just like (Begog's Kwench's Crystal) face needed from wig wear. Her sealer is very thin and the best way I feel would be to reseal the entire face and then it would be uniform.

That is about what she needs and if she did not need the Blush, Brown eyeshadow and her face sealed, I could do (and was going to do anyway) the other work here at home as I have done a few doll face repairs like (Mouth corner tears, lip color & seal, eyeliner and eyelash replacements) for members both from here and TDF. So I am careful about the work that I do with the dolls and some of those faces are here to see. :)

Here is her photo and it is fairly high resolution so you can see the details a bit better. I shot her photo last night from about 6 feet away with adequate light from a softbox light stand and cropped her face photo out of the entire shot. She has an old wig on but, I pulled it away from her cheeks and the bangs are short enough to see most of her forehead. She is not in bad shape but, needs a day at the Beauty shop needing some things that I cannot do here at home like I mentioned above and is the only face that I have that needs sealer work. Thank you so much again guys for allowing me to post Laila's face here for consideration! :)
DSC_0398 - Copy.JPG

Last edited:

Nexus-7.5

Wow what a great contest! My candidate would be a challenge but I'm sure Reggie is up for it. I had to perminently retire the magnetic face that came with my first doll, Quinn. Back then I didn't know my goatee was wearing off the sealent and color, which caused serious damage. Cheek, nose and lips took a major hit and I ended up buying a few new faces (3) and shaving. The eye lashes fell off and my hack job only made it worse.
If you're looking for the ultimate "before" picture for the before and after.... feast your eyes on this hidious mess....
quinn3.jpg quinn1.jpg quinn2.jpg

Phil R Bootee

This lottery is a really cool idea. My Leanyn is just over a year and a half old and is still in pretty good shape. Her lips have faded just a little bit, its barely noticeable. I think I'll hold off on her getting any work done for now. Hopefully, there will be another lottery in a couple years when she might actually need work. Mostly, I'm just glad that there is a place to go to now for "official" repairs.

tj_foxx

Most members here know Tasha. But you good guys at Galmato Haven haven't met her yet. Tasha is a 2015 BT3 Dark Sky. She is perhaps one of the most recognizable dolls here on CRD, TDF, Twitter and Instagram. She is a social media darling and has quite a following. She was dubbed "Miss Congeniality" at the TDF Doll meet in 2016 and it stuck for every doll meet and online scenario since.

So what is up with Tasha? Tasha has been through the wringer. Tasha took a tumble in 2015 and her skull plate cracked. Fortunately, Dr Dodgeman came to the rescue and did some marvelous surgery. Tasha was also a RTS factory second, her left hand is deformed due to air getting in the mold when she was poured. We also have surmised her hands and feet were an early duracast experiment that wasn't quite right. Unbeknownst to Abyss she was also "born" with 2 defective hip joints due to improperly cooled injection molded polymer. Each went at a different time and again, Dr D to the rescue both times! So what's left you might say?

Well despite the fantastic makeover (See how gorgeous her lips and eye lids/lashes look!! It's a shame you can't see her fingernails) Dr. Dodgeman gave Tasha at the time of her 2nd hip replacement this passed January, the poor gal has terrible pock marks on her face. From what we can tell she might have had camel crickets munching on her face while I was away for over a month last year when my 90 year old mom fell and broke her hip. Tash was secluded in my finished basement, in The Foxx Hole and we think the crickets got her then because it suddenly appeared when I had returned.

Her eye shadow is worn off in spots as is her right eye brow. We attribute that to Tasha being a fashionista and having her clothes changed so often over the last 3.5 years.

I have been doing my best to conceal these little flaws with with make up and photoshop but she really needs some help here. So short of getting her a new face, made I am hoping Tasha will be one of the dollies selected to get help. She will appreciate it!

Try as we may, her skull seems to not fit correctly. Her teeth have always been set back as you can see. I usually can usually work around this this by pointing light right at her mouth for a photo but I'd like to see what could be done.

So here is Tasha untouched by make up and photoshop other than some eye shadow. on her eyebrow that I put there for pics the other day. I cleaned off all of the concealer on her cheek and nose. You can see that her blush is wearing off too.

Tasha up close CRD.jpg

Last edited:

R0cky

Heya Reggie, that's a very cool thing you're offering to 3 lucky RD owners! Luckily the 4 faces I have are in pretty much perfect condition so I wont be submitting an entry, but I am certainly looking forward to see who you pick and then seeing the before and after shots of your skills. Good Luck to everyone entering!

RickM

I'm thinking you are going to have a difficult time finding dolls that are in need of work. From all that I have read the dolls are well cared for and in most cases beloved by their owners. Dr.D has stepped up whenever someone needed special work. However accidents have happened so that might be where your winners come from.

Just a thought have you contacted Dodgeman? I know you are factory trained but he is a wealth of info and has been repairing (Operating might be better) on dolls for years.

RickM

BigCurtis

Affable Gadfly
Keep in mind the few repairs I've attempted were done with my colorblind eyes. The lips were originally pink (I believe), but original specs should be on the invoice for the doll (# avail if needed).

There was/is wear on chin, nose, forehead/wig line right & left cheeks (right much heavier, you can see a big patch of missing pigment). I tried to get a decent consistency and sponged on layers after cleaning off as much of the sun burn flaking as possible, a few spots show strokes (vs dabbed). I also gave the lips a best effort color refresher, though the mix I dabbed over it was a little thicker than optimal. I did a very weak ass job of replacing the upper eyelashes. Not really happy with the heavier kind I used either, a less dense set of lashes look better to me. There's a spot on the eyebrows where I touched up with powder but did not seal (so it will rub off).

IMG_0802.jpg
IMG_0809.jpg

Dodgeman

Hey Rick, It is doubtful that I know anything more than the guys who are going to be doing so many repairs for RD owners in the near future. They have access to the factory personnel, techniques and the materials that these dolls are created with from new especially where face makeup is concerned to do the jobs right and that is wonderful. If they need any info on a certain issue with any doll, they can get it right quick with that direct access to the factory. In due time, most all RD doll repairs regardless what they are will be second nature to the guys doing them with some on hand experience. ;)

I do have machine tools, equipment, materials and the knowledge to use it all that allows me to create unique mechanical-structural parts to repair these dolls without having to do extensive surgery in many cases and I have done so a few times thru the past several years for a few people. I will not say that I am an expert at silicone repair like many of the guys at the factory but, I am not too bad at it though, LOL! I am pretty good at eyelash replacements, eyeliner redos, mouth corner tears and lip colors and sealer but, I do not have the equipment or the materials to seal blush, eyeshadow, brows or any other makeup applied to a dolls face including peeling sealer like my one doll face Laila has a little of. Perhaps I will be able to do that work down the road but, I have so much other work to be done on a constant basis that I don't have enough time to go around for everything I wish to do, LOL! :)

With experience, it gets a little easier every time I do repairs just as it should be if the mind is in the work and the guys at Galmato Haven will be just fine as they get going with doll repairs. If the work we all saw on Kwench (Begog's dolls face) is going to be the norm here very shortly, I would say that RD owners will be in good hands when they need theirs girls fixed up! :)

Last edited:

Fun4real

WOW Guys! The moment I read your post, I about choked up a bit! I love Abyss dolls the very most out of ALL creators and the reasons are very obvious just looking at them as compared to other creators and that the factory is HERE in the US with wonderful people creating them (Also Keeping my money here in the states)! ;):)

I suppose that is why I have 10 Abyss dolls, extra faces and other accessories and just 2 dolls of other brands, LOL! I have done so much over the last 5 years to promote Abyss dolls after my first 3 new dolls came home to me for their obvious Qualities (bodies, faces, finish), Attending TDF doll meets here on the east coast so that MANY people from everywhere can see them in person, posting photos and stories both here and on TDF, well, you get the picture! :)

Those are just a some of the reasons why I produced my reworked version of the stance modifier, the doll stands that I use and some other items that allow so many of us to enjoy our abyss dolls to the fullest if you know what I mean. :)

Here I will post the photo of my Fair skin tone face G Laila as you invited me to so you can see her. She is like I said, about vintage 2011 plus or minus a few months and her silicone is in very good condition. Her eyes are the original style Green from years ago when she was created and are in perfect condition so she will not need eyes as I like her green eyes very much. Her eyebrows are about still perfect so no issues with those as the original face sealer is still over the top of them.

1. She is in need of lip color and sealed, (Light Pink, Pink to go with her fair tone face).
2. Has 2 Very small minor tears (one) at each corner of her mouth that need touched up.
3. Fresh Black eyeliner (about light to medium heaviness like she has) .
4. New eyelashes.
5. Some Brown eyeshadow to change her look as she has next to Nothing for shadow at all and I think she had a little (natural color) that is near invisible as you will see in the photo.
6. Perhaps a little touch of standard pinkish color cheek blush as hers is like her shadow is, next to invisible.
7. Finally, her face needs resealed on her cheeks, nose and forehead just like (Begog's Kwench's Crystal) face needed from wig wear. Her sealer is very thin and the best way I feel would be to reseal the entire face and then it would be uniform.

That is about what she needs and if she did not need the Blush, Brown eyeshadow and her face sealed, I could do (and was going to do anyway) the other work here at home as I have done a few doll face repairs like (Mouth corner tears, lip color & seal, eyeliner and eyelash replacements) for members both from here and TDF. So I am careful about the work that I do with the dolls and some of those faces are here to see. :)

Here is her photo and it is fairly high resolution so you can see the details a bit better. I shot her photo last night from about 6 feet away with adequate light from a softbox light stand and cropped her face photo out of the entire shot. She has an old wig on but, I pulled it away from her cheeks and the bangs are short enough to see most of her forehead. She is not in bad shape but, needs a day at the Beauty shop needing some things that I cannot do here at home like I mentioned above and is the only face that I have that needs sealer work. Thank you so much again guys for allowing me to post Laila's face here for consideration! :)
View attachment 42999
I know this is a lottery and not a vote but in the intro video Reggie said 3 entries and "if they get a 4th they just fall in love with maybe"...

If Dodgeman doesn't get picked in the 3 entries, for all the work he has put into helping the community and full disclosure I have a doll that he machined a part to fix a broken leg, I'd love to see his Laila selected as the 4th

Last edited:

Hollywu

Rari arrived on 3/25/16. She's a Sai face with the Body E. She is still in good shape but has some issues with delamination on her chin and mouth area. I do what I can with make up and photo programs to smooth it out for her. I absolutely adore her and she continues to help improve my life on so many levels.

This is such a wonderful thing you guys are doing. As you can probably see, we really love our dolls and are excited that Galmato Haven is becoming a reality. Rari and I can't wait to see who wins and are already happy for them! This is so cool! IMG_1341.JPG

Galmato Haven

The Doll Doctors
Staff member
Wow what a great contest! My candidate would be a challenge but I'm sure Reggie is up for it. I had to perminently retire the magnetic face that came with my first doll, Quinn. Back then I didn't know my goatee was wearing off the sealent and color, which caused serious damage. Cheek, nose and lips took a major hit and I ended up buying a few new faces (3) and shaving. The eye lashes fell off and my hack job only made it worse.
If you're looking for the ultimate "before" picture for the before and after.... feast your eyes on this hidious mess....
View attachment 43083 View attachment 43084 View attachment 43085
"Hideous mess" is strong, but she could definitely use some Galmato TLC! Hopefully her name comes out of the hat. I'd love the challenge.

Galmato Haven

The Doll Doctors
Staff member
Most members here know Tasha. But you good guys at Galmato Haven haven't met her yet. Tasha is a 2015 BT3 Dark Sky. She is perhaps one of the most recognizable dolls here on CRD, TDF, Twitter and Instagram. She is a social media darling and has quite a following. She was dubbed "Miss Congeniality" at the TDF Doll meet in 2016 and it stuck for every doll meet and online scenario since.

So what is up with Tasha? Tasha has been through the wringer. Tasha took a tumble in 2015 and her skull plate cracked. Fortunately, Dr Dodgeman came to the rescue and did some marvelous surgery. Tasha was also a RTS factory second, her left hand is deformed due to air getting in the mold when she was poured. We also have surmised her hands and feet were an early duracast experiment that wasn't quite right. Unbeknownst to Abyss she was also "born" with 2 defective hip joints due to improperly cooled injection molded polymer. Each went at a different time and again, Dr D to the rescue both times! So what's left you might say?

Well despite the fantastic makeover (See how gorgeous her lips and eye lids/lashes look!! It's a shame you can't see her fingernails) Dr. Dodgeman gave Tasha at the time of her 2nd hip replacement this passed January, the poor gal has terrible pock marks on her face. From what we can tell she might have had camel crickets munching on her face while I was away for over a month last year when my 90 year old mom fell and broke her hip. Tash was secluded in my finished basement, in The Foxx Hole and we think the crickets get her then because it suddenly appeared when I had returned.

Her eye shadow is worn off in spots as is her right eye brow. We attribute that to Tasha being a fashionista and having her clothes changed so often over the last 3.5 years.

I have been doing my best to conceal these little flaws with with make up and photoshop but she really needs some help here. So short of getting her a new face, made I am hoping Tasha will be one of the dollies selected to get help. She will appreciate it!

Try as we may, her skull seems to not fit correctly. Her teeth have always been set back as you can see. I usually can usually work around this this by pointing light right at her mouth for a photo but I'd like to see what could be done.

So here is Tasha untouched by make up and photoshop other than some eye shadow. on her eyebrow that I put there for pics the other day. I cleaned off all of the concealer on her cheek and nose. You can see that her blush is wearing off too.

View attachment 43090
Hey TJ!

Looks like Tasha has a wilder life than I do! Great detail on the photo. There's some challenging work in there, but nothing we can't handle when she comes to see us.

Galmato Haven

The Doll Doctors
Staff member
Keep in mind the few repairs I've attempted were done with my colorblind eyes. The lips were originally pink (I believe), but original specs should be on the invoice for the doll (# avail if needed).

There was/is wear on chin, nose, forehead/wig line right & left cheeks (right much heavier, you can see a big patch of missing pigment). I tried to get a decent consistency and sponged on layers after cleaning off as much of the sun burn flaking as possible, a few spots show strokes (vs dabbed). I also gave the lips a best effort color refresher, though the mix I dabbed over it was a little thicker than optimal. I did a very weak ass job of replacing the upper eyelashes. Not really happy with the heavier kind I used either, a less dense set of lashes look better to me. There's a spot on the eyebrows where I touched up with powder but did not seal (so it will rub off).

View attachment 43110
View attachment 43111
Great detailed pics, BigCurtis. I can see the areas you're talking about (looks like her lashes might be upside down?). There's nothing on her we can't take care of.