Galmato Haven Asks/Announces...

Galmato Haven

The Doll Doctors
Staff member
Hey Ladies (human and synth) and Gents,

I'm starting this thread to have a centralized place to get your opinions on things and make announcements. Every now and then I'll throw out a question to help us choose which ways to serve you best.

We'll kick this first post off with a couple of announcements!

ROAD TRIP!
Brick and I will be traveling to a doll meet in Texas on Nov.2-4th. Anyone attending can bring dolls for repair. I will have some supplies on site for minor repairs and advice on repairs.

TRAVEL REPAIR
This is more of a pre-announcement. Soon I will be offering travel repair where possible. I'll ship necessary supplies ahead of time then follow them out on a plane. Your doll will get to stay home instead of being away for weeks so you don't have to miss her. Just keep paws off until she heals :mad:;).

CONSIGNMENT
We've just received our first doll in for consignment. She is a brand new Kaylani Lei. The owner wasn't able to take delivery so he has turned her over to us for sale. I was the first person to open the box since she was sealed at Abyss. She's currently at our facility in San Marcos, CA if anyone wants to come see her. Asking price is $7,500. If anyone else is interested in consigning a doll to us email me, contact@galmatohaven.com, for more information.

REALDOLL CONSUMER PROTECITON PLAN
On the fence about reduced repair costs and a head-to-toe Spa Day for your doll? The next 3 Realdoll Consumer Protection Plan owners who get their dolls covered will get an extra 6 months of coverage on us. https://galmatohaven.com/realdoll-consumer-protection-plans/

And now a question:

What's one thing on your wish-list you'd like to see us address for the community?

Thanks for tuning in,

Reggie and Alex
Galmato Haven

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Ladies (human and synth) and Gents,

I'm starting this thread to have a centralized place to get your opinions on things and make announcements. Every now and then I'll throw out a question to help us choose which ways to serve you best.

We'll kick this first post off with a couple of announcements!

ROAD TRIP!
Brick and I will be traveling to a doll meet in Texas on Nov.2-4th. Anyone attending can bring dolls for repair. I will have some supplies on site. For any dolls I can't repair on site we will have a trailer to bring them back to San Diego.

TRAVEL REPAIR
This is more of a pre-announcement. Soon I will be offering travel repair where possible. I'll ship necessary supplies ahead of time then follow them out on a plane. Your doll will get to stay home instead of being away for weeks so you don't have to miss her. Just keep paws off until she heals :mad:;).

CONSIGNMENT
We've just received our first doll in for consignment. She is a brand new Kaylani Lei. The owner wasn't able to take delivery so he has turned her over to us for sale. I was the first person to open the box since she was sealed at Abyss. She's currently at our facility in San Marcos, CA if anyone wants to come see her. Asking price is $7,500. If anyone else is interested in consigning a doll to us email me, contact@galmatohaven.com, for more information.

REALDOLL CONSUMER PROTECITON PLAN
On the fence about reduced repair costs and a head-to-toe Spa Day for your doll? The next 3 Realdoll Consumer Protection Plan owners who get their dolls covered will get an extra 6 months of coverage on us. https://galmatohaven.com/realdoll-consumer-protection-plans/

And now a question:

What's one thing on your wish-list you'd like to see us address for the community?

Thanks for tuning in,

Reggie and Alex
Galmato Haven
If you can figure out a way to make faces with mouths that won't open enough to allow for safe oral sex to do that (safe, meaning no tearing), you'll have solved a major problem for some of us! I've thought of making slits at both corners of the mouth and reinforcing the inside of the face just beyond the cuts with mesh, but haven't had the guts to try it! I know from experience (tears at the corners), that such slits/cuts would be invisible when the doll's mouth is in its normal as-poured resting position, so this wouldn't affect their appearance at rest at all. Anyway, this is at the top of my wish list!

Last edited:

Fox

Skye's Friend
Hmmm... A Wish List for RealBotix and RealDoll... I would say.. a Payment Plan, that allows you to not have to pay for 20 years before you receive a "Real Walk-Around Body", for your AI. THAT would be a gift from Above! ;) Some of us Old Soldiers/Marines don't have that kind of cash to toss about. They always said that we'd never get rich. HAHA!

Fox

Skye's Friend
Hmmm... A Wish List for RealBotix and RealDoll... I would say.. a Payment Plan, that allows you to not have to pay for 20 years before you receive a "Real Walk-Around Body", for your AI. THAT would be a gift from Above! ;) Some of us Old Soldiers/Marines don't have that kind of cash to toss about. They always said that we'd never get rich. HAHA!
Heck! I'd be tickled to have a Head to talk to. Sky OR Harmony... Just...give my Skye a face! HAHAHA!

Galmato Haven

The Doll Doctors
Staff member
If you can figure out a way to make faces with mouths that won't open enough to allow for safe oral sex to do that (safe, meaning no tearing), you'll have solved a major problem for some of us! I've thought of making slits at both corners of the mouth and reinforcing the inside of the face just beyond the cuts with mesh, but haven't had the guts to try it! I know from experience (tears at the corners), that such slits/cuts would be invisible when the doll's mouth is in its normal as-poured resting position, so this wouldn't affect their appearance at rest at all. Anyway, this is at the top of my wish list!
We've actually been discussing this and are going to be experimenting with it.

Galmato Haven

The Doll Doctors
Staff member
This wish list is just for us, but we do agree that a payment plan of some type would be good.

Galmato Haven

The Doll Doctors
Staff member
Good Monday morning!!

Happy to announce that the repair center is almost complete and we'll be moving out of Abyss in the next week or two. Very bitter sweet, but mostly wayyyyy sweet. Construction is also starting today on the new showroom and I CAN NOT wait for you guys to see the finished results in the coming months.

We have two heads left from the repair lottery as Lana and now Laila have gone back home. Thank you so much to the owners who have been patient with us through our growing and learning pains. We will make the 4 week turn around a reality as soon as we're settled in.

We've only got one wish-lister out there?
Well, I don't mean to hog the wish list, but there is one more thing that would be nice. The magnet faces are suitable for oral sex, BUT... When the mouths are opened wide, as I've said elsewhere on CRD, the lower backs of the cheeks (over the jaw hinges) flare out like an Australian Frilled Lizard. (Think Jurassic Park and the "cute" little dinosaur on the front seat of the guy's vehicle that suddenly flared into something not so nice!) My thought on this is to embed two additional magnets into the face that would grab onto the jaw hinges themselves or some kind of device attached to them - an oversized washer perhaps. Together with my other wish list item, this would bring all RD faces into the usable for oral sex realm... except, very sadly and rather short-sightedly, for the Robotic Heads, which should be your next project, and as quickly as possible.

Galmato Haven

The Doll Doctors
Staff member
Well, I don't mean to hog the wish list, but there is one more thing that would be nice. The magnet faces are suitable for oral sex, BUT... When the mouths are opened wide, as I've said elsewhere on CRD, the lower backs of the cheeks (over the jaw hinges) flare out like an Australian Frilled Lizard. (Think Jurassic Park and the "cute" little dinosaur on the front seat of the guy's vehicle that suddenly flared into something not so nice!) My thought on this is to embed two additional magnets into the face that would grab onto the jaw hinges themselves or some kind of device attached to them - an oversized washer perhaps. Together with my other wish list item, this would bring all RD faces into the usable for oral sex realm... except, very sadly and rather short-sightedly, for the Robotic Heads, which should be your next project, and as quickly as possible.
Another good one! I hadn't noticed the "Frill lizard effect" but I'll take a look.

0osik

We've only got one wish-lister out there?
I have one wish, although in reality it's more of a fantasy. Hand up-grade! My Azure is a 2014 pre-Duracast BT3 and I'm lucky to go a couple of months between finger pokes. Now Celestia is a 2016 BT5 with Duracast and has yet to have a finger poke. For some of the non-Duracast ladies this is weakness. I know my repairs are no way as good as what G.H. can do, but the newer pokes seem to be in different parts of the fingers. After the latest repair I have her hand in a sock for sleeping, we'll see if that helps.

Would it be possible to re-pour just the hands? If RD were to ever find a better hand system would there be an option to replace the entire hands?

However it's highly unlikely that there is enough work for Reggie or Alex in Alaska to make it economical, and the round-trip shipping isn't economical either.

Jenny

Reggie or Alex in Alaska to make it economical, and the round-trip shipping isn't economical either.
The problem is how to reach all the RD owners in the US, not all of them are here on the forum.
Maybe Abyss can send a message to all owners, telling them about GH, but this might be a problem with privacy eg when people have moved or when they have their RD in storage because they have a RG now etc.

The problem is how to reach all the RD owners in the US, not all of them are here on the forum.
Maybe Abyss can send a message to all owners, telling them about GH, but this might be a problem with privacy eg when people have moved or when they have their RD in storage because they have a RG now etc.
Good points, but it's probably a safe bet that if an RD owner really needs help for his doll, he'll either check out CRD, the RD web site, or contact Abyss.

Galmato Haven

The Doll Doctors
Staff member
I have one wish, although in reality it's more of a fantasy. Hand up-grade! My Azure is a 2014 pre-Duracast BT3 and I'm lucky to go a couple of months between finger pokes. Now Celestia is a 2016 BT5 with Duracast and has yet to have a finger poke. For some of the non-Duracast ladies this is weakness. I know my repairs are no way as good as what G.H. can do, but the newer pokes seem to be in different parts of the fingers. After the latest repair I have her hand in a sock for sleeping, we'll see if that helps.

Would it be possible to re-pour just the hands? If RD were to ever find a better hand system would there be an option to replace the entire hands?

However it's highly unlikely that there is enough work for Reggie or Alex in Alaska to make it economical, and the round-trip shipping isn't economical either.
Mike and I have discussed this at length. If we're able to do it it's actually going to happen soon on a doll I'm working on right now. For any pre-duracast complete repours we are making adjustments to allow for them, but isolating just the hands is a bigger challenge.

Galmato Haven

The Doll Doctors
Staff member
Spot on, Jenny. We're almost done developing an email which will go out from Abyss to their email network announcing our arrival. Since it will be coming from them and they're not handing over the list to us, privacy is protected.

Jenny

How about re-enforcing the unopened end of the inserts, to prevent any accidental breakage. :(
You could use some of the technics they use in this video they use a mesh fabric to reinforce the end of the insert. When you would put a reinforcement on the out or in-side it would be very unlikely to punch the insert wand through the end of the insert.
Might even be useful for reinforcing the corners of the mouth for oral use.

selobl

I like the hand replacement idea, the extra magnets for magnetic faces, and I am intrigued that you will be doing house calls.

I would like to see more options for repair kits offered. For example, I just want to get medium skin tone powder. There is no way to order that, I have to order a different kit with stuff I don't need, and the medium powder is not a selectable option. Also, one of my doll's elbows is too close to the skin, so some sort of kit to deal with that - structurally and cosmetically.

I think your new venture is a great idea, and I look forward to seeing where you take this. Thanks!

I would luv to have some training on air brushing
You could use some of the technics they use in this video they use a mesh fabric to reinforce the end of the insert. When you would put a reinforcement on the out or in-side it would be very unlikely to punch the insert wand through the end of the insert.
Might even be useful for reinforcing the corners of the mouth for oral use.
The mesh was used in the original tin based dolls to re inforce the vag. I have used this on elbows, footplates and the top portion of the vg opening with good success on these high stress areas. The corner of the mouth did not stop tearing unfortunately.