Galmato Haven Asks/Announces...

Dodgeman

I like the hand replacement idea, the extra magnets for magnetic faces, and I am intrigued that you will be doing house calls.

I would like to see more options for repair kits offered. For example, I just want to get medium skin tone powder. There is no way to order that, I have to order a different kit with stuff I don't need, and the medium powder is not a selectable option. Also, one of my doll's elbows is too close to the skin, so some sort of kit to deal with that - structurally and cosmetically.

I think your new venture is a great idea, and I look forward to seeing where you take this. Thanks!
Selobl, In the past, I have emailed sales directly when Annette was there and asked her to send me tinting powder for the various skin tones for repairs while I had other items ordered and she always sold me what I needed in 1/2 oz amounts which would be sent in a small Ziploc type of baggie. That is the only way that I could get the tinting powder as like you said, it is not on the website as a sales option or item.

Galmato Haven

The Doll Doctors
Staff member
Foam replacement and making sure a crate is good and ready to use. I am sure members would appreciate that, and I heard the foam doesn't stay good forever and will eventually need to be replaced anyway.

Adding physical nails would be another nice edition too.
Foam replacement can be done soon. We'll have you take measurements of the pieces you need, then we can ship out replacements. However, there may be a more cost effective foam replacement solution for you locally.

As far as the nails, are we talking for the crates or the fingers?

Last edited:

Galmato Haven

The Doll Doctors
Staff member
Selobl, In the past, I have emailed sales directly when Annette was there and asked her to send me tinting powder for the various skin tones for repairs while I had other items ordered and she always sold me what I needed in 1/2 oz amounts which would be sent in a small Ziploc type of baggie. That is the only way that I could get the tinting powder as like you said, it is not on the website as a sales option or item.
Once we are settled in we have discussed with Mike more-or-less taking over repair kits. As that time arrives we'll create options to conveniently get what you need for home repairs.

Last edited:

Galmato Haven

The Doll Doctors
Staff member
I have one wish, although in reality it's more of a fantasy. Hand up-grade! My Azure is a 2014 pre-Duracast BT3 and I'm lucky to go a couple of months between finger pokes. Now Celestia is a 2016 BT5 with Duracast and has yet to have a finger poke. For some of the non-Duracast ladies this is weakness. I know my repairs are no way as good as what G.H. can do, but the newer pokes seem to be in different parts of the fingers. After the latest repair I have her hand in a sock for sleeping, we'll see if that helps.

Would it be possible to re-pour just the hands? If RD were to ever find a better hand system would there be an option to replace the entire hands?

However it's highly unlikely that there is enough work for Reggie or Alex in Alaska to make it economical, and the round-trip shipping isn't economical either.
Ok, folks, after a lengthy discussion with Mike yesterday, here is the hand replacement update.

In order to add Duracast hands to a doll a special hand-only mold will have to be created. This can absolutely be done...however...creating each new mold is going to cost $3000, and that goes to Abyss, not us. So the question becomes, how badly does the first person want it? So far my best solution to this problem is to wait until several owners with the same model are committed to the Hand Repour so that the cost of mold creation can be divided.

Galmato Haven

The Doll Doctors
Staff member
I like the hand replacement idea, the extra magnets for magnetic faces, and I am intrigued that you will be doing house calls.

I would like to see more options for repair kits offered. For example, I just want to get medium skin tone powder. There is no way to order that, I have to order a different kit with stuff I don't need, and the medium powder is not a selectable option. Also, one of my doll's elbows is too close to the skin, so some sort of kit to deal with that - structurally and cosmetically.

I think your new venture is a great idea, and I look forward to seeing where you take this. Thanks!
Thank you! As I mentioned to Dodge, we will be handling repair kits in the near future so more options will become available. Will you send photos of the elbow issues to [email protected], please? I know what you mean, I just want to see how it's manifesting on your doll.

SoloShopper

My wish list item would be some way to pose the mouth so we make our girls smile. A wire or something in the lips that allows us to mold the lips anyway we want. It would require a rather large redesign but the pay off would be quite cool.
Fundamentally good suggestion. Any expression of female validation that can be reproduced is pure nourishment for us males. All of it distills down to that. It is the 'drug' we are natural fiends for.

selobl

Thank you! As I mentioned to Dodge, we will be handling repair kits in the near future so more options will become available. Will you send photos of the elbow issues to [email protected], please? I know what you mean, I just want to see how it's manifesting on your doll.
Thanks, Reggie, for addressing my comment. Photos are in this thread. The crowdsourced repair held up until recently (about 2 years). Now the hole is opened again and the thin layers of 2-part I put on the outside are peeling like sunburn. I'll try to get an updated photo this weekend.

Looking forward to more exciting news from Galmato-Haven! :cool::cool::cool:

Galmato Haven

The Doll Doctors
Staff member
My wish list item would be some way to pose the mouth so we make our girls smile. A wire or something in the lips that allows us to mold the lips anyway we want. It would require a rather large redesign but the pay off would be quite cool.
Don't know how we'll do it, but it's on the list! I have seen an app called FaceApp that some owners use to at least give their dolls smiles in pictures. I'm sure it's renowned here already.

Galmato Haven

The Doll Doctors
Staff member
Thanks, Reggie, for addressing my comment. Photos are in this thread. The crowdsourced repair held up until recently (about 2 years). Now the hole is opened again and the thin layers of 2-part I put on the outside are peeling like sunburn. I'll try to get an updated photo this weekend.

Looking forward to more exciting news from Galmato-Haven! :cool::cool::cool:
My pleasure! Unfortunately, for some reason whenever I try to follow a link to another post I'm taken to the login page and that's the end of the journey. I'm going to have to get that figured out.

Galmato Haven

The Doll Doctors
Staff member
Happy Tuesday! I hope everyone is having a fantastic morning (or other time of day for the internationals). Just a couple updates this morning.

CONSIGNMENT
We are happy to have 3, soon to be 4 dolls available for sale right now. All in excellent condition.

2018 Wicked Kaylani Lei

2016 Lt. Tan BT5 Natalie (sale pending)

2017 Fair Body D, Laila

(available soon) 2018 Medium Body F, Tanya

Email [email protected] for pictures, more information and with questions.

THE REPAIR CENTER IS OPEN!
There's still a lot to do but we're moved in and set up. The sad day is coming where I'll only be at Abyss when necessary. Gonna miss those guys. Now to tackle the Showroom and put together a hell of a grand opening. You can see Laila in the background dressed as Poison Ivy for Halloween.
shop.jpg

selobl

Happy Tuesday! I hope everyone is having a fantastic morning (or other time of day for the internationals). Just a couple updates this morning.

CONSIGNMENT
We are happy to have 3, soon to be 4 dolls available for sale right now. All in excellent condition.

2018 Wicked Kaylani Lei

2016 Lt. Tan BT5 Natalie (sale pending)

2017 Fair Body D, Laila

(available soon) 2018 Medium Body F, Tanya

Email [email protected] for pictures, more information and with questions.

THE REPAIR CENTER IS OPEN!
There's still a lot to do but we're moved in and set up. The sad day is coming where I'll only be at Abyss when necessary. Gonna miss those guys. Now to tackle the Showroom and put together a hell of a grand opening. You can see Laila in the background dressed as Poison Ivy for Halloween.
View attachment 47503
This photo has me EXCITED and that is before I noticed the doll!!!

Galmato Haven

The Doll Doctors
Staff member
A QUICK NOTE ON CONSIGNMENT
If you are interested in a doll but want to have a feature changed before delivery, that is an option for normal repair costs. Things from nail color to nipples can be re-customized. Make-up is more difficult depending on the state of the sealant, but also possible in cases.

SHARING PHOTOS
I know I've been terrible about sharing photos on here of what we're up to and I'm going to get better. Here are a couple shots. The first is a before and after of Mr. Dodgeman's Laila. I called in an assist from Katelyn herself to make sure this special doll got the best. Laila BnA.png

This is an insert cavity repair I've been working on for the past few days. The excess glue and loose silicone had to be trimmed out. I used some of the remaining glue to create a new surface and close the gap where silicone was missing. I then carefully re-glued and pinned the tear. After it was dry I again shaped the area. I applied a mesh to reinforce the tear and changed the pubic hair style to mask the mesh. Once those were settled silicone was added over top the mesh to blend the edges. Silicone was also used to fill in tears and cavities on the left side and perineum.
Tasha Insert Cavity bna.png