virus affecting production

I thought most non-essential businesses were shut down, or "work from home". Doesn't seem like you can pour silicone in your house, and this message was filmed at the workplace.
Can we get a little more detail on how all of their workforce is protected? Maybe that's better for the "ask brick" thread...

(this is just a curiosity thing)

0osik

I thought most non-essential businesses were shut down, or "work from home". Doesn't seem like you can pour silicone in your house, and this message was filmed at the workplace.
Can we get a little more detail on how all of their workforce is protected? Maybe that's better for the "ask brick" thread...

(this is just a curiosity thing)
In Brick last "Harmony Live" there was mention that office staff is working from home. However the staff can go to facility (keeping social distancing) if needed.

Production has been shut down.

I wrote an email to Samuel over a week ago what's happening at the factory and what's the future plans to get back in business. I was stupid enough to order a robotix realdoll 17 Mars, just day before they closed the factory. So much money lost and no answers what's happening. I'm a bit worried

Dasdertlydave

Never do today what you can put off until tomorrow
I wrote an email to Samuel over a week ago what's happening at the factory and what's the future plans to get back in business. I was stupid enough to order a robotix realdoll 17 Mars, just day before they closed the factory. So much money lost and no answers what's happening. I'm a bit worried
Don't care what anyone thinks even if your order was placed just before lockdown with the kind of money involved you should be getting some answer's ,don't blame you one bit for been worried

Velasquez217

There was a posting yesterday on TDF from a guy who ordered a Tanya Body F a while back.
He said he just got the "Creation" notification. So looks like some activity is going on at the factory.
There wearing masks anyway...and social distancing in their own section for their skills from what I remember seeing in the videos. Not many people. Like they advertise, its a small private business in a video I saw. But I can see how this may have impacted them at first. But either way, theu can take the work at home fornthose who habe the garage space to do so. Or like me...rent a storage unit. Not sure if they will be able to do the type of work in a storage but they sure do make large ones that a two man team can work in as if they are at the factory with molding etc etc etc.

BubbaGumps

I have not been following the doll world much during this coronavirus situation. Too much other things going on. I had a doll just being molded prior to the California shutdown. I have no idea what the timelines look like. California is kind of at a standstill for a while. Just the way it is. Its tough on all small businesses. I feel bad for the small businesses that won't make it because of the forced closures. Real Doll has a product that sells itself so they will always have a demand and don't need to worry about going under. They will lose profit during the closure but thats only temporary.

My sister lives in LA and she has(or had) a small botique dress shop that is pretty much toast. She is situated well financially with her doctor husband and they just retired. But they don;t see it worthwhile to continue paying lease for rent and all the other incidentals...they are in the process of exiting the lease and liquidating everything. She was pretty upset by it as she put a lot of time, work, and energy into it and loved it. And then to see it suddenly vanish in a heartbeat. Going to see this kind of story with a lot of these types of small businesses.

I just see it as a delay. Sure we all don't like waiting longer than we already do for the dolls but putting it in perspective,--a lot worse things can happen in life than having a sex doll delayed during a pandemic. People are dying and losing savings and businesses so I can count myself lucky I am healthy and still have my savings.

As far as how long a delay it is going to be for those of us who ordered prior to the closures, its anyone's guess. The length of the closures in California likely will determine most of that. And it will take a little time for things to go back to normal due to materiel suppliers also needing to get up to speed with filling back orders. The folks who make the silicone and other stuff used to make the dolls are in the same boat. Nothing Real Doll can do about it. Their hands are tied and it's not their fault. Yeah the waiting sucks but not much we can do. It will get here eventually.

Öne

I know this is hard for you to go through, but please be patient. The doll making process is at least 6-7 months long, and they DO deliver on what you have purchased. It may run a little late, but you will get your doll. Sam is extremely busy most the time, but email/call him, and wait. He WILL get back to you, even if it takes 2 weeks.

I've dealt with them off/on over the last 6 months, and Sam has always been amazing, if not a little late here and there, due to the amount of calls/emails he is responding too.

Brick

Brand Ambassador Advisor
Staff member
Realdoll is open and producing dolls. Some employees are working from home and they are running a skeleton crew in production. This allows them social distancing guidelines and the facility is locked down to essential personal only. I cant get in (Bummer) as I work at a large Hospital and am probably a super carrier anyway. Dolls are still shipping and yeah its a little slower, but not as bad as you might think.....;)

Velasquez217

Its sad how this outbreak has caused a lot of impact on small businesses even for those who do have "essential" supplies but are not a big name brand store or a whale stock/business owner etc etc.
I have a lot to say about this outbreak but I wont, so I will say a few things that I say as well as hear quoted.
1: Theres two sides to every coin out there that we use in commers. Heads and tails.

2: The destracted dont want to be destracted from their destractions.

3: In a land of insane the sane are judged insane.

Im guilty of everything too. Im just glad I can see the world like Neo, from the famous Matrix movie, but not at his level and I know there are many out there more knowledgable then I. And....I am glad I am a multi crypto holder and not just one.

Im not in denial that there maybe a flu like sympton going around But not at a level they advertise at. I sencerly feel for those who have lost loved ones and their businesses. We have lost a few people on my side sense this out break.

Phil_02

What a 'Wicked' Thing 'two' do....
Realdoll is open and producing dolls. Some employees are working from home and they are running a skeleton crew in production. This allows them social distancing guidelines and the facility is locked down to essential personal only. I cant get in (Bummer) as I work at a large Hospital and am probably a super carrier anyway. Dolls are still shipping and yeah its a little slower, but not as bad as you might think.....;)

I love hearing about the human capacity for versatility (take that, Harmony! :p:)) And adaptability to circumstances.

I know times are tough for many with reduced hours of work/pay or no hours of work/pay. But if you are still working and can show support of RealDoll/Galmato Haven with RealDoll products, ordered via Reggie it wouldn't be a bad time to do so!