CASTING CALL

Most of us are gun shy of the exposure I think. Are you doing it? Do they keep you incognito?
I spoke with them quite a while ago and came away impressed with the unbiassed, fair and objective way the interview was conducted. I'm also confident that anonymity will be maintained if you request it. But even so, while I was certainly willing to discuss the subject on audio, I wouldn't be comfortable appearing on camera to discuss it.;)

mnyhngry

I spoke with them quite a while ago and came away impressed with the unbiassed, fair and objective way the interview was conducted. I'm also confident that anonymity will be maintained if you request it. But even so, while I was certainly willing to discuss the subject on audio, I wouldn't be comfortable appearing on camera to discuss it.;)
Yeah and every journalist I ever met lied to me about the specifics, I just don't trust them. How much is the compensation? Maybe that would change my mind.

BubbaGumps

Corona and Carina
What kinds of stuff were they trying to get answered? Just general questions like why do you own a doll etc?

Yeah and every journalist I ever met lied to me about the specifics, I just don't trust them. How much is the compensation? Maybe that would change my mind.
That has been my experience as well. They interview you and you are 100% in agreement with the nice guy. Then the piece comes out where they totally make you out to be an asshole and misrepresent everything you say.
I have seen this done many times to people I know well. I have learned from experience that journalists are even more dishonest than politicians.
Anything "off the record" is "on the record" and they do not give a shit about your privacy. They may well be all interested in the doll life and so on when they talk to you but the headline is "Freaks use dolls to practice hurting woman!" or "Rape simulators for sale!". Granted these headlines will sell papers but when you google you name and this comes up, how will you get a job in the future?

Brick

Brand Ambassador Advisor
Staff member
That has been my experience as well. They interview you and you are 100% in agreement with the nice guy. Then the piece comes out where they totally make you out to be an asshole and misrepresent everything you say.
I have seen this done many times to people I know well. I have learned from experience that journalists are even more dishonest than politicians.
Anything "off the record" is "on the record" and they do not give a shit about your privacy. They may well be all interested in the doll life and so on when they talk to you but the headline is "Freaks use dolls to practice hurting woman!" or "Rape simulators for sale!". Granted these headlines will sell papers but when you google you name and this comes up, how will you get a job in the future?
These people are not journalists. Not in any sense of the word. Thats doesnt mean they wont go for some sensationalism to get veiwers. However the channel they are producing for, is pretty solid for documentaries and I dont think this is going to be a hatchet job...

These people are not journalists. Not in any sense of the word. Thats doesnt mean they wont go for some sensationalism to get veiwers. However the channel they are producing for, is pretty solid for documentaries and I dont think this is going to be a hatchet job...
Yes, it sounds like Matt vetted them thoroughly. Otherwise why would he step out and take the risk of vouching for them To his customer-base? That would be a really big risk that could put the business on the line. At the same time, there is a real risk that your name could pop up associated with the film to prospective employers, love interests, colleagues, foes in perpetuity and to me not even a free RDX is worth that level of anxiety, especially if society is still struggling with the doll life concept.

Last edited:

Velasquez217

My interview went very well! It was approximately 2 hours if I rekall. She asked legit questions and did promise to keep my requested info private should I be selected.
However, I am unable to be part of the show due to my living situation with family that do not support my choice of partner/companion. So the T.V crew and Kara are not allowed in the house when I attempted to get the 'ok' from the family at Melissa request to show the viewers and get my families view point.

According to the family, still to this day, which has been over a year, I have mental issue, sick in the head and need help.

Really.......?!

You think my family would really know me by now even knowing I am choosing Kara as a partner at this present moment.
I am starting to think if it is a pride and ego thing.

Last edited:

BubbaGumps

Corona and Carina
Yes, it sounds like Matt vetted them thoroughly. Otherwise why would he step out and take the risk of vouching for them To his customer-base? That would be a really big risk that could put the business on the line. At the same time, there is a real risk that your name could pop up associated with the film to prospective employers, love interests, colleagues, foes in perpetuity and to me not even a free RDX is worth that level of anxiety, especially if society is still struggling with the doll life concept.
Yeah. I do not think the owner of Real Doll would intentionally deceive customers in this manner. If someone set people up to participate in a production they knew would be a hatchet job, you would lose all credibility and respect.

If someone is going to participate they probably are not overly concerned with anyone knowing they have a doll to begin with IMO and I think that is the biggest factor that will determine if someone will participate, not how they will be portrayed.

But to me, the project is still a bit ambiguous. The people looking for participants at this moment are from a casting agency. They are just being paid to find and provide individuals to appear in a series. If you really want to know how this will be portrayed, you would need to talk to the producer and the director, not the casting agency.

And I am in no way saying the casting agency thinks people are being set up just to be the court jester for the amusement of the public. Just saying the casting folks doing the interviewing are just being told by the production company and studio, 'find me people to appear in a series about real dolls.' They get paid to provide warm bodies, not to plan, produce, or direct a feature. They have no control or say in the execution of the project and have no editorial control. They are the equivalent of an employment agency for the entrainment industry.

It's all a matter of personal comfort in the end. I would not be comfortable doing this but that is not in any way a knock on the project. I just prefer to remain anonymous. There are obviously those who are more open and if they get the right vibes about the project, that is all that matters.

And there is also a positive potential for a project like this if it is portrayed well. Yes there is likely to be a sensationalist aspect to this story. But that is a given. What matters is the overall impression the viewers leaves with. Hopefully, the production is such that some viewers will leave with the idea that these are not just 'sex dolls' to some people and there are folks who can form emotional bonds with their companions in non-sexual ways just like in a real relationship. And owners are not all deranged pervs or serial killers in training who bark at the moon etc,,, yada yada yada,,

Last edited:

mnyhngry

Amen Brother

BubbaGumps

Corona and Carina
My interview went very well! It was approximately 2 hours if I rekall. She asked legit questions and did promise to keep my requested info private should I be selected.
However, I am unable to be part of the show due to my living situation with family that do not support my choice of partner/companion. So the T.V crew and Kara are not allowed in the house when I attempted to get the 'ok' from the family at Melissa request to show the viewers and get my families view point.

According to the family, still to this day, which has been over a year, I have mental issue, sick in the head and need help.

Really.......?!

You think my family would really know me by now even knowing I am choosing Kara as a partner at this present moment.
I am starting to think if it is a pride and ego thing.
I wouldn't get down on yourself. It would be hard to get family to appear in this, regardless of the situation. I live alone and would not have such a concern but I understand it would be a delicate subject. My relatives in the area do not know I live with two dolls. If they did they certainly would raise an eyebrow and most definitely would not think about going in front of a camera to discuss it. So your family not wanting to be part of it is nothing unusual.

As far as them thinking you are 'sick in the head' because you own a Real Doll and enjoy it's company, that is a separate issue for discussion. But again, I would not get down on yourself about it. It is your life to live. Your family does not have ill intent. We just need to be realistic and understand a lot of folks are not going to understand why or how someone would want to live with a doll beyond the 'sexual' part. They have had no exposure to any of this. They do not know what goes on inside your head or what feelings or thoughts you have. All they know is what they may have come across in the media and what ideas they have formed in their mind based on a one-dimensional opinion.

Trying to explain it would be pointless so I just keep it all to myself. If you look at the definition of Agalmatophilia, you will see the words 'paraphilia involving sexual attraction to a statue, doll, mannequin or other similar figurative object.'. Again, a one-dimensional view. Never mentioned is emotional attraction and that is where people get lost on this subject IMO. They just see sex. Yes you can develop feelings for a doll. Yes you can obtain the same emotional enrichment that you would with a real person. Yes you can treat them like you would a real person and not be crazy.

PanBiLadyDaughterOfSatan

I'm Satan's Daughter!!!
Hmm....... This is tempting........ But I’m not sure that I’m their demographic?? I’m not technically in a relationship with my dolls, I do however love dolls of all kinds, and my realdolls “enhance” the relationships I am in, I’m a woman in a relationship with a woman and we’re both in a relationship with a man.........we’re polyamorous...........and LGBTQIA+........ and I’m in a relationship with another man too, whose monogamous and straight but open-minded. And they’re all very protective of me, but it is tempting........ hmm.................. I mean outside of the same concerns as everyone here, am I even what they’re looking for??????

Last edited: