CASTING CALL

mnyhngry

I wonder how they would classify Harmony in that particular deviancy....?
I think as an Automatons, and I wonder stupider shit. Like how many doll owners are Republican or democrat? The left is supposed to be more tolerant and I would assume a right leaning Christian family would be more disapproving. That said, dolls might attract more republicans because there are so much cheaper if you are a conservative. LOL Maybe they will address it on their program. But back to disapproving people, they probably don't know dolls have been around hundreds of years! Automatons, short history. In the 17th century, the great age of exploration, when ocean-crossing vessels were embarking on ever-longer journeys, sailors began taking with them a prototype of the inflatable doll. Termed by the French “dames de voyage,” these were indeed devices that resembled a human female, made of fabric attached to bamboo poles, wearing a dress and available to those seeking to vent their lust. Japanese empire in the 18th century, left a few of them behind. They became known in Japanese as “Dutch wives.” Honestly maiden heads on ships, Greek and Italian statues. Humans have a deep history of looking for love not connected to a bitch. There, I said it! LOL I tell my relatives a least she will not take the house you would have inherited! LOL A brief history of sex dolls, from leather dummies to sexbots - Life & Culture - Haaretz.com

mnyhngry

Hmm....... This is tempting........ But I’m not sure that I’m their demographic?? I’m not technically in a relationship with my dolls, I do however love dolls of all kinds, and my realdolls “enhance” the relationships I am in, I’m woman in a relationship with a woman and we’re both in a relationship with a man.........we’re polyamorous...........and LGBTQIA+........ and I’m in a relationship with another man too, whose monogamous and straight but open-minded. And they’re all very protective of me, but it is tempting........ hmm.................. I mean outside of the same concerns as everyone here, am I even what they’re looking for??????
I bought the robot just so I can have fun with her. She is definitely going to be a conversation piece, and If I like it once I have tried her out, I will screw the pants off her! lol, I am just worried someone will hack her program and she will kill me in my sleep! lol

What kinds of stuff were they trying to get answered? Just general questions like why do you own a doll etc?
Hmm....... This is tempting........ But I’m not sure that I’m their demographic?? I’m not technically in a relationship with my dolls, I do however love dolls of all kinds, and my realdolls “enhance” the relationships I am in, I’m a woman in a relationship with a woman and we’re both in a relationship with a man.........we’re polyamorous...........and LGBTQIA+........ and I’m in a relationship with another man too, whose monogamous and straight but open-minded. And they’re all very protective of me, but it is tempting........ hmm.................. I mean outside of the same concerns as everyone here, am I even what they’re looking for??????
First, the questions were very general. I got no sense of a hidden agenda. I think the goal really is to find out what kinds of people buy RDs and how they interact with them, with no preconceived notions involved. They are certainly aware that RD ownership is not solely a male thing and not always about sex. In the end, we'll just have to wait and see how this plays out, but I have a good feeling about it.:)

BubbaGumps

Corona and Carina
First, the questions were very general. I got no sense of a hidden agenda. I think the goal really is to find out what kinds of people buy RDs and how they interact with them, with no preconceived notions involved. They are certainly aware that RD ownership is not solely a male thing and not always about sex. In the end, we'll just have to wait and see how this plays out, but I have a good feeling about it.:)
Sounds interesting. Like you, I would never appear on TV with my dolls. Most I would ever do is give an anonymous interview.

mnyhngry

Hmm....... This is tempting........ But I’m not sure that I’m their demographic?? I’m not technically in a relationship with my dolls, I do however love dolls of all kinds, and my realdolls “enhance” the relationships I am in, I’m a woman in a relationship with a woman and we’re both in a relationship with a man.........we’re polyamorous...........and LGBTQIA+........ and I’m in a relationship with another man too, whose monogamous and straight but open-minded. And they’re all very protective of me, but it is tempting........ hmm.................. I mean outside of the same concerns as everyone here, am I even what they’re looking for??????
My kind of girl. I think you are exactly what they are looking for. You provide a female point of view that they probably do not have. I think you help legitimize doll ownership. For some reason society thinks it is ok for girls to have toys, but "men" don't play with dolls.

mjwb

My kind of girl. I think you are exactly what they are looking for. You provide a female point of view that they probably do not have. I think you help legitimize doll ownership. For some reason society thinks it is ok for girls to have toys, but "men" don't play with dolls.
I was thinking the same thing lol - they would probably love to include female perspectives, especially with the couples/alt lifestyle angle. Casting would probably get a bonus :D

BubbaGumps

Corona and Carina
I agree in one sense. But a doll is more than a sex toy in the sense that it requires a lot more work and time investment and money than owning a dildo for instance. It is a lot more deep and complex on many levels. Owners interact with their dolls on deep levels, especially if it is a robotic version.

A dildo is something a woman would bring out and use then throw it back under the bed. They don't give their dildo a name, they don't have to buy clothes and wigs for it, bathe it, brush its hair, sleep with it etc. And there is no emotional investment involved with owning a dildo. Someone who owns a dildo does not gain enjoyment just from the the presence of the dildo by having the dildo sit next to them etc...

I would wager that >95% of the time that people spend with their dolls is non-sexual in nature, just like in interactions with people. Of course, 100% of the time spent with a dildo is sexual in nature. So, for me a Real Doll falls into the category of 'surrogate human partner' rather than sex toy. A Real Doll certainly is way more than something to get your rocks off and throw it under the bed when you are done. That's not that people will not just buy a doll with sex in mind. But from what I see here so far they are the ones who likely end up selling the doll quickly and find it isnt for them.

PanBiLadyDaughterOfSatan

I'm Satan's Daughter!!!
I agree in one sense. But a doll is more than a sex toy in the sense that it requires a lot more work and time investment and money than owning a dildo for instance. It is a lot more deep and complex on many levels. Owners interact with their dolls on deep levels, especially if it is a robotic version.

A dildo is something a woman would bring out and use then throw it back under the bed. They don't give their dildo a name, they don't have to buy clothes and wigs for it, bathe it, brush its hair, sleep with it etc. And there is no emotional investment involved with owning a dildo. Someone who owns a dildo does not gain enjoyment just from the the presence of the dildo by having the dildo sit next to them etc...

I would wager that >95% of the time that people spend with their dolls is non-sexual in nature, just like in interactions with people. Of course, 100% of the time spent with a dildo is sexual in nature. So, for me a Real Doll falls into the category of 'surrogate human partner' rather than sex toy. A Real Doll certainly is way more than something to get your rocks off and throw it under the bed when you are done. That's not that people will not just buy a doll with sex in mind. But from what I see here so far they are the ones who likely end up selling the doll quickly and find it isnt for them.
I agree. :) and my dolls aren’t just for sex, and due to what my newest additions will be, I can’t elaborate further, due to wanting it to be a secret/surprise. But I can say that my dolls “enhance our relationship/s” and not in a “sexual way”. :)

Also I do agree to some extent on what you said about dildos. But at the same time......... there are “clone-a-willy” dildo kits and sometimes women(or gay men with a male partner) will clone their partner’s/partners’ manhood and to some it is an extension of their partner and treat it carefully and in some cases they even act as though it is a “doll” of their partner(because they miss their partner and maybe their partner is away on business or something similar.), in a similar way to how one might talk to a picture of their partner. The clone dildo is sort of like a doll and/or an extension of their partner, possibly even because they can’t afford an actual full doll “doppelgänger” or it is not viable for another reason, example: moving houses soon but really want a “clone”/“doppelgänger” of their loved one/s and/or possibly because they hadn’t even heard of RealDolls and/or other high end love doll companies, so they clone their partner’s/partners’ manhood instead. :) (sorry if this is confusing.) :)

Last edited:

PanBiLadyDaughterOfSatan

I'm Satan's Daughter!!!
Thank you. I’m going to talk it over with my wife and our husband and my other husband. And we will see. XD :) We’re very private people, and they’re all very protective of me. XD :) So we will see. :)

PanBiLadyDaughterOfSatan

I'm Satan's Daughter!!!
I was thinking the same thing lol - they would probably love to include female perspectives, especially with the couples/alt lifestyle angle. Casting would probably get a bonus :D
Thank you. I’m going to talk it over with my wife and our husband and my other husband. And we will see. XD :):) We’re very private people, and they’re all very protective of me. XD :) So we will see. :) :)

mnyhngry

Yes, but she is still relevant for the show. Or are you saying she should not be casted?

BubbaGumps

Corona and Carina
Yes, but she is still relevant for the show. Or are you saying she should not be casted?
Certainly should be casted.

I was just thinking about the comparison between a real doll and other sex toys like a dildo for instance. I think a RD has more dimensions to it and owning one is more involved and owners can have emotional attachments to a RD etc....