High Realism Eyes

Brick

Brand Ambassador Advisor
Staff member
The HP eyes were discontinued about 2 yrs ago. To costly to produce and sell at a profit. The eyes that the dolls get now are machine produced en masse at much lower price point. I have 2 dolls heads with the real HP eyes. They look amazing, just stop your heart amazing…

SQLMan

I would add, whatever th
The HP eyes were discontinued about 2 yrs ago. To costly to produce and sell at a profit. The eyes that the dolls get now are machine produced en masse at much lower price point. I have 2 dolls heads with the real HP eyes. They look amazing, just stop your heart amazing…
Thanks from here as well Brick. I would add, whatever eyes they are using today look pretty damn good as well, so much so that I thought they were HP eyes - little blood shot veins and everything. Massive improvement over whatever was standard based on my dolls from a few years back.

Traceters Confidente

When a circle is broken - arcs of freedom appear
It clarifies ONLY if you understand that HP eyes (Hand Painted eyes) are very different from and exponentially more realistic than High Realism eyes. Don't get me wrong, High Realism are very good. But I still wish the Hand Painted ones were available from some source, somewhere.;)
Pilgrim, I thought high realism eyes were hand painted. That's interesting. Once Abyss Creations used to get their eyes painted by Guy, I think his name was. This was, maybe a decade ago. Hand painted eyes would take a steady hand, and great artistic skill. There is certain to be someone who can do this for a price.

Traceters Confidente

I would add, whatever th

Thanks from here as well Brick. I would add, whatever eyes they are using today look pretty damn good as well, so much so that I thought they were HP eyes - little blood shot veins and everything. Massive improvement over whatever was standard based on my dolls from a few years back.
SQLMan, There are more to Abyss Creations eyes than meet the eye. If I used a magnifying glass might notice Traceters eye capilleries. They have to be extremely subtle or they would look blood shot. When I posed this question didn't appreciate the nuances in eye productuion.

Last edited:
Pilgrim, I thought high realism eyes were hand painted. That's interesting. Once Abyss Creations used to get their eyes painted by Guy, I think his name was. This was, maybe a decade ago. Hand painted eyes would take a steady hand, and great artistic skill. There is certain to be someone who can do this for a price.
You would think so, bit it's so labor intensive and time consuming that artists aren't lining up to do the job, and if we could find someone, the cost would be high. But still... one can always hope...

Traceters Confidente

You would think so, bit it's so labor intensive and time consuming that artists aren't lining up to do the job, and if we could find someone, the cost would be high. But still... one can always hope...
Pilgrrim, I'm sure that there are artists that cannot find work that would be happy to do this. They might see this as a beginning to theri artistic career. Working in this field might give them some street credits.

Brick

Brand Ambassador Advisor
Staff member
It takes 1 artist 8hrs to produce 1 set of eyes. They actually produce 4 sets and then pick the 2 eyes that look the best to make a set to put in the dolls. They need a lathe, a pressure pot and an air brush. Not to mention the materials needed to create the eye itself, that they paint and give it an acrylic cover after they paint. I have the vid on my O/F page. Its labor and time intensive. At the price point of $450 a set of HP eyes, Abyss was making very little profit on a set..