Real Doll moving ?

BubbaGumps

Corona and Carina
I too had to resist pre-delivery purchases-it’s a great way to pass the wait time, but rarely do things fit. If u buy something months out, and it doesn’t fit, u may no be able to take it back.
It is a great time to learn and window shop.

As far as the clothing issue, I think clarifications need to be made when discussing 'fit'. For example, if someone wonders, "will this dress fit ?", that is kind of a loaded question. It all depends on what you mean by fit and what your expectations are.

There is the question of fit in terms of, can you get a particular clothing item to fit ?-- i.e. get the the clothing item on the doll.

Then there is the question of fit in terms of, does the clothing item look like it belongs on the doll ? i.e..do sections look crumpled or does the item just look like a hot mess once you get it on the doll. Just because something will go on the doll doesn't mean it will look good. The item may conform well to the upper section but in other areas make it look like the doll decided to put on a burlap grain sack --been there, done that. It is why there are dressing rooms in clothing stores. Just looking at an item can be a poor gauge of end result.

So it is hard to judge fit just by looking at images when shopping online. Your satisfaction with the end result will all depend on your expectations and how well you expect an item to conform to the doll and look fashionable etc..That is why I say it is probably not a good idea to load up on a lot of clothing items before getting time with a doll.

MosMan

It all depends on what you mean by fit and what your expectations are.
I agree with all and would like to add:
Do you want your doll in sneekers laced up tight for three weeks. Nope. Not a good idea. However, her feet and toes are mostly squishy.
For my Petite 3, I have two pair of Life Stride closed toed heels. a 6M (US) and a 5M (US). For me both, fit. I have to squish her toes to get the 5M on. But it looks good. The 6M I would call loose
s-l300.jpg
For boots, I look for some that zip all of the way to the sole. Unzipped. I can get my fingers into the toe area and guide her toes in straight.
For dresses, understand the boobs do not drape or compress well. So clothes will not shape her body. And measurements are, uh, extreme for these figures. But a flowing skirt, a belt or even a couple of darts can make the difference. So even if you get something that does not fit. And you can't take it back. Take a step back and consider what would make it look good. Forget what you thought it would look like. Experiment. Find the fixups that women have been using for centuries. (I could change Marion's C to a D with the right bra and a little stuffing.)
And if you need fashion ideas, check out Hawley Griffin's Keira. Always dressed smartly. And rocking those lovely C-cups with a 22" waist.

BubbaGumps

Corona and Carina
Do you want your doll in sneekers laced up tight for three weeks. Nope. Not a good idea. However, her feet and toes are mostly squishy.
For my Petite 3, I have two pair of Life Stride closed toed heels. a 6M (US) and a 5M (US). For me both, fit. I have to squish her toes to get the 5M on. But it looks good. The 6M I would call loose
View attachment 92403
For boots, I look for some that zip all of the way to the sole. Unzipped. I can get my fingers into the toe area and guide her toes in straight.
For dresses, understand the boobs do not drape or compress well. So clothes will not shape her body. And measurements are, uh, extreme for these figures. But a flowing skirt, a belt or even a couple of darts can make the difference. So even if you get something that does not fit. And you can't take it back. Take a step back and consider what would make it look good. Forget what you thought it would look like. Experiment. Find the fixups that women have been using for centuries. (I could change Marion's C to a D with the right bra and a little stuffing.)
And if you need fashion ideas, check out Hawley Griffin's Keira. Always dressed smartly. And rocking those lovely C-cups with a 22" waist.

Good points.

Women's clothing can be a bit challenging. For example, bra sizing and fit is like a riddle disguised as a mystery, wrapped inside an enigma. Women have to do a lot to get the right fit. A lot of combinations of bra and cup sizes will fit on a particular set of hooters. But going back to my point, just because something will fit in terms of dimensions does not mean it will look like it belongs. Bra selection just doesn't depend on dimensions and cup sizing, it also depends on the shape of the boobs. From what I have read on this subject when researching, women will often buy a size or cup down if their boobs have a particular shape or if they want something tight.

The problem with dolls is the material is not elastic like real skin and even though doll boobs can squish, they cannot deform well enough to fill a cup by compressing. You cannot take this same approach. Anyone who owns a Body F probably understands this. It is near impossible to find an off-the-shelf bra in whatever size or cup that actually encloses the boobs without gaps around the circumference. Bras were designed to enclose real flesh, not semi-rigid silicone.

Peter.Clancy

Díonach of a Bonnie Lass
View attachment 92403
@MosMan These are Naturalizer, size 8.5 (US). They are for flight attendants. They fit my RD with no squishing, and stay on with no issue.

Attachments

mnyhngry

I'm waiting too.. I ordered late April. But I have used this time to get the stuff I need for her ready like a wheelchair herspa day stuff with Reggie( protection plan) the dolly to help move the crate if needed.. got some dollfit clothes on order..the powder.. iso alcohol. Last thing I need to get is the protection plan for the head.. believe me I'm anxious too but you can use the the time waiting to get stuff for her so you aren't running around like a chicken with it's head cut off when she gets there Oh I do have to get a galaxy S9+ as well.
a walker with seat is cheaper than a wheel chair, generally

mnyhngry

It is a great time to learn and window shop.

As far as the clothing issue, I think clarifications need to be made when discussing 'fit'. For example, if someone wonders, "will this dress fit ?", that is kind of a loaded question. It all depends on what you mean by fit and what your expectations are.

There is the question of fit in terms of, can you get a particular clothing item to fit ?-- i.e. get the the clothing item on the doll.

Then there is the question of fit in terms of, does the clothing item look like it belongs on the doll ? i.e..do sections look crumpled or does the item just look like a hot mess once you get it on the doll. Just because something will go on the doll doesn't mean it will look good. The item may conform well to the upper section but in other areas make it look like the doll decided to put on a burlap grain sack --been there, done that. It is why there are dressing rooms in clothing stores. Just looking at an item can be a poor gauge of end result.

So it is hard to judge fit just by looking at images when shopping online. Your satisfaction with the end result will all depend on your expectations and how well you expect an item to conform to the doll and look fashionable etc..That is why I say it is probably not a good idea to load up on a lot of clothing items before getting time with a doll.
You guys and your clothes. I am going to keep her barefoot and trying to get pregnant. She can do her pictures in the buff as she should, being a sex doll. If she came out too pretty she could fashion model, but her competition is stiff.

BubbaGumps

Corona and Carina
So, after you go into production, then how long? I am pretty sure by the time I get mine she will have cameras in her eyes and be able to dance...
There is no standard and set timeline anyone can give. People can only share timeframes from their own experiences. When my body F was in the works, I got the production notice then a few weeks later I was told the doll was in a makeup phase. Then it was another few weeks and the shipping notice came.

mnyhngry

There is no standard and set timeline anyone can give. People can only share timeframes from their own experiences. When my body F was in the works, I got the production notice then a few weeks later I was told the doll was in a makeup phase. Then it was another few weeks and the shipping notice came.
Well that is damn positive. Thank you

mnyhngry

@mnyhngry

I ordered a Static head & body (Solana Standard config) in early March and she was ready to ship Early July.

4 months. I would say, this time of year that has been a regular/standard turn around time.

Unless you go bananas with customization.

...Or order Mrs. Roboto.
Yes, I ordered a robot. I had to, it has been a long time since a woman has called me Master. (When I lived in Costa Rica I told all the girls I met my name was Master. They never knew what it meant.)